Hi friends ,
Today I was trying some image transfer with Ink Jet Printer !! First i made a small card to play Marta’s playing card challenge !! In second try , it came out really good . Then I have done a small journal page with image transfer technique !! I learnt this from a workshop of Nathalie Kalbach and Birgit Koopsen !!
Here is my journal page:-
and below is my playing card :-
And below step by step tutorial ..
- I have taken the printout in premium quality project paper :-
2. I put Matte Gel medium on watercolor paper and stick the photo on it !!
there should be no bubble or fold between the papers .
3. Now dry the paper thoroughly with heat gun :-
4. Then wet the paper thoroughly :-
5. Then start to rub the paper with hand .. be careful don’t rub too hard.. ( sorry about my messy table ) 😀
you could feel the whole picture become wet and transparent like photo ..
6. Then no more rubbing ..just peel-off the paper ..
7 . here is the outcome :-
I have outlined the eyes and lips ..remember you would get a FLIPPED image 🙂
then I made some touch-up on the picture :-
I love this distress look..
Friends, don’t think i am master in this .. i made some terrible transfer today before my journal transfer..
Here I missed the eyes !! LOL !!
This below one is a result of using normal xerox paper .. I think its beautiful for watercolor journal !! What do you say ?
Now the image of the paper :-
Few tips I got from Nat and Birgit :-
- If you want perfect look transfer , go for laser printer !!
- More contrast in your photo makes better transfer image !!
- Avoid gray in the photo as it is going to make your photo blurry !!
Thank you friends, I am very newbie .If I missed out anything , please don’t hesitate to comment !!